Phoenix Rehab Novena Clinic Launch
Dear doctors, patients and friends, we are going to launch Phoenix Rehab @ Novena tentatively on Monday, 8th January 2018 (see clinic location and details here), subject to finalizations related to renovations and pre-launch activities. There is lots more to do, including the completion and upgrading of this website, but we are very excited for this opportunity to serve you.
Update you soonest!
Phoenix Rehab Group
What Is Sports Therapy Singapore
Sports therapy is an aspect of healthcare specifically concerned with the prevention of injury and rehabilitation of the individual back to optimal levels of functional, occupational and sports specific fitness.
Sports Therapists do not only treat athletes, but also deal with many common muscular complaints such as back pain, mobility problems, postural problems and work related conditions.
What do Sports Therapists do?
- Devise and conduct treatment plans for common sporting injuries using massage techniques.
- Work with sports doctor or/and physiotherapist to treat and rehabilitate sporting injures
- Have a thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics to effectively understand injury mechanism, ascertain what structures have been damaged, the stage of the injury process and what massage techniques can be used to treat and rehabilitate the injury
- Prioritising the treatment – treat local injury 1st then other factors
What Techniques do Sports Therapists Use?
Techniques which are often used in treatment include:
- Sports Massage
- Taping (Strapping)
- Muscle stretching techniques (including muscle energy techniques)
- Muscle strengthening
- Core stability training
- Proprioception training
Deep Tissue Release/ Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Deep tissue Release works by physically breaking down adhesions caused by chronic muscle tension, to relieve pain and restore normal range of movement. Techniques used include Effleurage, petrissage, kneading, circular friction/transverse friction, rubbing, PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation), MET (muscular energy technique), myofascial release, triggerpoint.
Myofascial TriggerPoint Therapy
Trigger points are hyperirritable spots in the fascia surrounding skeletal muscles. Therapists apply direct pressure to them to deactivate them. They also treat surrounding fascia/ muscles to elongate those structures returning them to the normal range of movement.
Myofascial release is a form of soft tissue therapy used to treat somatic dysfunction and accompanying pain and restriction of motion. This is accomplished by relaxing contracted muscles, increasing circulation, increasing venous and lymphatic drainage, and stimulating the stretch reflex
of muscles and overlying fascia.
Click here to read more about myofascial release
Using the above techniques, sports massage aims to relieve delayed onset of muscle soreness and enhance recovery and improve performance. Sports massage can be done:
Before an event/race (Pre):
- usually 4-5 days before
- Goal is to increase circulation, flexibility and mental clarity to improve performance
- Does not replace proper warm-up but complement it
- Light effleurage strokes are appropriate
- DTM not appropriate as it may interfere with muscle function and may be too sore
After an event/race (Post):
- Usually 1-2 days after
- Goal is to flush the muscles of the lactic acid and other by products of metabolism
- Intent is to cool body down and return it to homeostasis
- Muscle tension, cramping and inflammation also treated
- Speed up recovery time
Sports massage for maintenance:
- Sports massage does have some aims in common with other forms of massage
- Overused muscles may often create problems and imbalances in the soft tissues
- Massage, applied skillfully, is the most effective therapy for releasing muscle
- Help athletes prevent injuries, which might otherwise be caused by overuse
- Detect variations in the soft tissues and by using massage techniques, help the tension and restoring balance to the musculo-skeletal system sports person maintain a much healthier physical state
Constructing a treatment protocol
- Identify the mechanism of the injury
- Identify possible structures that may have been damaged
- Range of motion
- Muscle tests
- Special tests
- Setting treatment goals – pain minimisation, functional improvement, return to sports
- Deep tissue massage/Soft tissue massage, stretching, strengthening – choosing techniques to effectively treat and rehabilitate the injury
To connect with our sports therapist please connect with email@example.com
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Phoenix Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
PHOENIX REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations.
As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth, but you can also make an appointment without seeing any doctors (that being said, if you do need a referral to a specialist orthopedic surgeon or sports GP, we will recommend you too as value added service at no additional costs to you).
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver (we are proud to say that we try our best to only engage the most experienced and specialist therapists - which makes a big difference in clinical outcomes).
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx or email firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!