Phoenix Rehab Novena Clinic Launch
Dear doctors, patients and friends, we are going to launch Phoenix Rehab @ Novena tentatively on Monday, 8th January 2018 (see clinic location and details here), subject to finalizations related to renovations and pre-launch activities. There is lots more to do, including the completion and upgrading of this website, but we are very excited for this opportunity to serve you.
Update you soonest!
Phoenix Rehab Group
Incontinence and Physiotherapy Singapore
ladies and women, exercising the pelvic floor muscles regularly is very
important as a woman has very high risks of developing incontinence in
her life, and it can dampen her activities and lifestyle significantly
incontinence refers to the involuntary or the accidental urination of
the urine from the bladder, and up to 60% of the population experience
urinary incontinence at some point in their lives.
What are the causes?
They can be caused by several factors such as ageing,
menopause, pregnancy and childbirth, childbirth-related pelvic pains,
cysts, trauma, post surgical or stress.
Symptoms of being Incontinent
A person is diagnosed with it if you have two or more of the following symptoms:
- Accidental or involuntary loss of urine or a continuous leakage of urine from the bladder.
- Frequent urge to urinate.
- Feeling that your bladder is always full or isn’t empty even after you have urinated.
- Difficulty urinating even if you have the urge.
- Urination triggered by movement or by coughing, sneezing,or laughing.
- The need to get up repeatedly at night to urinate.
- A start-and-stop stream during urination.
Types of Incontinent - Urinary
There are three main types, which are
Stress-Related - the
most common form that affects both men and women. The bladder leaks
with any activities or exercises that places a strain on the bladder,
such as laughing, sneezing, coughing or running. Mainly caused by pelvic
floor muscle weakness.
Urge-Related - involves
strong urge to urinate followed by urination. This too affects both men
and women. In many cases, people may have both types at the same time
Post Pregnancy Incontinence - Women
are more at risk of developing urinary incontinence during pregnancy
and childbirth, as their pelvic floor muscles become weakened. Most of
the time, the problem resolves on its own but in some cases, there is an
acquired trauma to the muscles and nerves of the pelvic floor during
childbirth that can aggravate the condition and cause the incontinence
to persist for months after childbirth
This topic may not be the most favorable topic for expecting mothers
and happy husbands, but it is an extremely common condition that is
usually mild and treatable, though there are those which are very severe
and interferes with daily activities.
that it can be very embarassing and sensitive to talk about, but it
don't have to be. It is a very common problem and for most cases,
straightforward and easily treatable with pelvic floor exercises that
our physiotherapists will prescribe in our Singapore Physiotherapy
Clinic. The exercises help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, which
supports the vagina, urethra and bowels.
However, if the strengthening
exercises are not sufficient, we may need to activate the muscles by
electrical stimulation using electrotherapy (sometimes, muscles weaken
to the point of being too weak to be activated on its own -
electrotherapy will stimulate the muscle lightly to "wake it up")
What else can I do to take care of myself?
- Reduce foods and beverages that contain caffeine, like coffee, tea, and chocolate.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol and carbonated drinks, since these can irritate the bladder.
- Drink 2 to 4 pints of water a day. Do not limit your intake of water as this will make the problem worse not better
- Add fibre to your diet if you have trouble with constipation.
- If you smoke, quit. Smoking can make you cough, triggering urine leaks.
- If you have mobility problems, make sure there’s a clear path to the bathroom. Wear clothes that you can take off easily.
- Use absorbent pads for security, and change them regularly.
- Keep a night light on to help you get to the toilet more easily atnight.
you do suffer from this challenge, or you know someone who had confided
in you, remember that patients need not suffer in silence. Book an
appointment with our physiotherapist who will provide confidentiality
and consideration with you as she assess and treat you to the best for
Where to next?
- Make A Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy or Deep Tissue Release Singapore Appointment
- Arrange A CallBack or Make An E-Enquiry Here
- See the list of physiotherapy conditions we treat
- Return to Urbanrehab's Physiotherapy and Hand Therapy Singapore Home Page from our incontinence page
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Phoenix Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
PHOENIX REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations.
As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth, but you can also make an appointment without seeing any doctors (that being said, if you do need a referral to a specialist orthopedic surgeon or sports GP, we will recommend you too as value added service at no additional costs to you).
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver (we are proud to say that we try our best to only engage the most experienced and specialist therapists - which makes a big difference in clinical outcomes).
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx or email email@example.com, thanks!