Phoenix Rehab Novena Clinic Launch
Dear doctors, patients and friends, we are going to launch Phoenix Rehab @ Novena tentatively on Monday, 8th January 2018 (see clinic location and details here), subject to finalizations related to renovations and pre-launch activities. There is lots more to do, including the completion and upgrading of this website, but we are very excited for this opportunity to serve you.
Update you soonest!
Phoenix Rehab Group
How to assess forearm pain and tendinitis
How to assess forearm pain and tendinitis
Tendinitis refers to the inflammatory response within the tendons which happens when an injured tendon fails to heal properly. When this happens, you will note that there will be some swelling and irritation in your forearm. If left to worsen, you may start to feel more pain and you may need to consider seeing a hand therapist and seek a hand therapy opinion.
A simple 5-step guide to help you:
Firstly, understand what tendinitis is.
Forearm tendinitis pain is usually described as a dull, annoying pain that is "in the background". It is often chronic with little or no pain relief. People feel this dull ache when weightlifting, playing racquet games, using their PC / laptops or even while doing other manual, repetitive tasks.
Then, find out when the pain began to occur.
Pain from forearm tendinitis usually happens during an activity and/or during the following day. Try to reflect and trace back the pain to a specific date or event - that will help the hand therapist or doctor better understand the cause factors and timeline of the injury.
Remember the symptoms.
Another way how to assess forearm pain is to take note of your symptoms. Some people experience dull ache, some experience severe cramping, some experience burning sensation after exercises and activities.
- Observe while you raise your hand, if you have severe pain or if your forearm pain gets worse. People with moderate to severe cases of forearm tendinitis often cannot lift or carry anything with the injured arm.
- Note if the painful area becomes more hot and swollen from edema.
Is there restricted arm movement?
Most of the time, restricted arm movement and mobility is a byproduct of forearm pain sensitivity. If you have tendinitis in a muscle, you may not be able to move that muscle completely.
To test this, you will have to perform specific muscle-related movement. Try to push, pull, life, twist your arm - if you have any pain during any of these movements, it's possible that you have forearm tendinitis.
Start early physiotherapy and hand therapy treatment especially if the pain persists.
- You may need to seek professional help when DIY or home treatments do not provide pain relief.
- Consider easing back into sports if you have not been active for some time.
- Remember to warm up your body before you participate in any sports or exercises.
- Note that even though you know how to assess forearm pain, yet forearm tendinitis may take a few months or maybe longer to completely heal depending on when treatment begins and if you rest enough.
- Forearm tendinitis, when detected early can be easily treated and prevented.
Where to next?
- Make A Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy or Deep Tissue Release Singapore Appointment
- Arrange A CallBack or Make An E-Enquiry Here
- See the list of physiotherapy conditions we treat
- See the list of orthopedic surgeons we serve in Singapore
- Return to Urbanrehab's Physiotherapy, Hand Therapy and Sports Massage Singapore Home Page from our how to assess forearm pain page
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Phoenix Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
PHOENIX REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations.
As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth, but you can also make an appointment without seeing any doctors (that being said, if you do need a referral to a specialist orthopedic surgeon or sports GP, we will recommend you too as value added service at no additional costs to you).
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver (we are proud to say that we try our best to only engage the most experienced and specialist therapists - which makes a big difference in clinical outcomes).
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx or email firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!