Phoenix Rehab Novena Clinic Launch
Dear doctors, patients and friends, we are going to launch Phoenix Rehab @ Novena tentatively on Monday, 8th January 2018 (see clinic location and details here), subject to finalizations related to renovations and pre-launch activities. There is lots more to do, including the completion and upgrading of this website, but we are very excited for this opportunity to serve you.
Update you soonest!
Phoenix Rehab Group
Manual and Massage Therapist
Registered Yoga Teacher (500-hour)
- Yoga Teacher Training (Tirisula Yoga [Yoga Vedanta Training Academy])
- Completion of 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training (200-hour YTTC and 300-hour Advanced YTTC)
Ashtanga Yoga (8 limbs of yoga)
Patanjali’s yoga sutras
7 major Chakra system
Other 3 main types of yoga: Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Jnana Yoga
Practice of primary and secondary series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Pre and Post Natal Yoga
- Taught according to the tradition of the late Guru Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
- Under the tutelage of Master Trainers Paalu Ramasamy, Satya Chong Weiling and Andrea
- McKennna Brankins
Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer by National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) (#1460076)
- Certified Functional Movement Systems (FMS) Level 1 specialist (8-hour)
- Certified TRX Suspension Trainer
- Certified ViPR Trainer
- Certified Parkour Fitness Specialist by ADAPT (Parkour Generations) (TH-1013-005)
- Certified Power Plate Level 1 trainer by Power Plate
- Certified Trigger Point Performance Therapy Ultimate 6 specialist (8-hour)
- Certified Barefoot Training Specialist by Evidence Based Fitness Academy (EBFA)
- Completion of Functional Movement Screening (FMS) Level 2 (12-hour)
- Completion of Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) by Dr. Andreo Spina (by end of September)
- Trained in Self-Myofascial Release by Equator Adventures
- Trained in basic kettlebell exercises by Integrated Training Institute (ITI) (#0100057)
- Certified First Aid, CPR and AED by American Heart Association
- Balanced Body Pilates Mat 1 & 2 trained
- Balanced Body Core Align 1, 2 & 3 trained
- Completion of GYROTONIC® Level 1 Foundation Teacher Training Course
Bodyworker/Manual Therapist specializing in
- Barral Institute’s Visceral Manipulation (VM 1 – 4)
- Barral Institute’s Neural Manipulation (NM 1 – 4)
- Fascia Stretch Therapy (Level 2) certified
- Fascial and Membrane Technique (FMTT)
- Functional Range Release techniques (Spine, Upper and Lower Limbs) certified
- John Barnes’ Myofascial Release (MFR) – Advanced level
- Kinesis Myofascial Integration (Structural Integration) (500-hour) (training in progress)
- Kinesio Taping (24-hour) certified - CKTP
- Milne Institute’s Visionary Craniosacral Work (C1 and C2)
- Neurosomatics Therapy (Somatic and Neuro)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- SOHA Institute’s Basic Traditional Chinese Massage therapy by Singapore Workforce Skills
- Qualifications (#130000000485544)
- Tecnica Gavilan (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation) certified
- Upledger Institute CranioSacral Therapy (CST1)
More on Riesal:
Riesal is a manual therapist based in Singapore. Prior to his
entry into this line, he was in the fitness and movement fields. He is a
certified personal trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
He is also certified in TRX suspension training, ViPR (created by Michol
Dalcourt) and Functional Movement Screening Level 2 (created by Gray Cook). As
an undergraduate in National University of Singapore, Riesal was an active
dragonboat paddler with the varsity team, winning medals in national races and
representing Singapore in international races as well.
He is also trained in Pilates (Matwork) with Balanced Body,
CoreAlign and Gyrotonic. His exploration and interest in movement took him
further into learning classical Yoga (the 8 aspects of Yoga) and Taijigong. It
started out to be an interest in aesthetics and enthusiasm in learning the
biomechanics in movement became a quest in deeper subjects such as energy and
philosophy. Riesal is also a registered 500-hour Yoga teacher with Yoga
Alliance. He is currently an active disciple with Nam Wah Pai Taijigong School
under the lineage of the late Great Grandmaster Wu Tu Nan. Riesal is also a Reiki
practitioner under the Usui-Hayashi-Takata lineage.
Riesal strongly believes in the name of this work, Structural
Integration, by the late Dr Ida P. Rolf. She once said, “There’s nothing new
under the sun of manipulation.” Bearing this quote in mind, Riesal is open to
learn other approaches from other manual therapy fields such as physical
therapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, acupressure, craniosacral, visceral and
neural work. He had studied from great teachers such as Thomas Myers, James
Earls, Lou Benson and John Smith of the Anatomy Trains/KMI, John Barnes
(Myofascial Release), Dr Andreo Spina (Functional Range Release), Ron Hruska
(Postural Restoration Institute), Hugh Milne (Visionary Craniosacral Work), Jean
Pierre Barral, Alain Croibier, A.J. de Koning and Gail Wetzler (Barral
Insitute), Peter Schwind (Rolfing), Chris and Ann Fredericks (Fascial Stretch
Therapy) and Gary Lang (Tecnica Gavilan).
However, Riesal would like to bring the prospect of this work further
by moving it beyond the physical body. A Nobel Prize Laureate scientist, Max
Planck, said, “As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed
science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research
about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and
exists only by virtue of a force, which brings the particle of an atom to
vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must
assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the matrix of all matter.” When we treat our clients, we are not
only affecting the tissues. We have also affecting the psychological and
energetic aspects as well whether it is in our direct or indirect intention.
Hellerwork has integrated the emotional/psychology aspect into this work. So,
Riesal hopes that the energetics part of our existence would also be included
in this work.
Connect with Riesal directly at
Back to Top
Our Physio & Rehab Expertise
Phoenix Rehab Group works with specialist physiotherapists and specialist rehab therapists who are highly trained, qualified, experienced and passionate to provide high level of expert care to our patients.
Areas of specialization
- physiotherapy: back and neck (spine), sports, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle
- hand therapy: forearm, wrist, hand and fingers
- podiatrist: leg, calf, ankle, foot and toes
- read more on our specializations here
All our therapists are fully insured and registered with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) and Traditional Chinese Medicine Board (TCM). See our entire team here by location and specialization.
Initially, our specialist physiotherapists will carry out a thorough
assessment, helping them to select the most appropriate treatment to
help you recover. They then provide
expert treatment for your pain as well as prescribing specific
exercises to reduce your risk of re-injury and giving you a long term
To call for inquiries or appointments, please contact us at:
Return to see our team of expert clinicians
Return to Urbanrehab's Home Page from Manual and Massage Therapist Riesal Idries
Tell A Friend About Us
We appreciate you as a patient and want you to know that the #1 way we grow as a clinic is through word of mouth referrals from valued patients like yourself.
We do not rely on advertising - instead, we prefer and appreciate the goodwill and positive reinforcement from patients.
When you have the opportunity, please take the time to tell your family, friends and physicians about the positive results and experience you have had in our clinic.
Thank you so much, and stay healthy!
PHOENIX REHAB APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please Call/SMS/WhatsApp to xx, thanks!
We are a wholly Singapore Private Limited group of licensed physiotherapists, hand therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, sports massage therapists, clinical pilates practitioners and TCM physicians practicing in our scope of rehabilitation and its areas of specializations.
As listed in our website are the list of services we provide our clients as referred by their medical doctors or by self referrals/word of mouth, but you can also make an appointment without seeing any doctors (that being said, if you do need a referral to a specialist orthopedic surgeon or sports GP, we will recommend you too as value added service at no additional costs to you).
The range of rehabilitation results vary from patients to patients, depending on a variety of factors and reasons such as severity of condition, genetics, gender and age. However, we will still deliver the best evidence-based-practice of physiotherapy, hand therapy, TCM, sports training and deep tissue release therapy that we can deliver (we are proud to say that we try our best to only engage the most experienced and specialist therapists - which makes a big difference in clinical outcomes).
The information available on this site is for educational purposes only, if you need a full professional advise on physiotherapy, hand therapy and occupational therapy, please schedule an appointment with us by contacting our staff by Call/SMS/WhatsApp at xx or email firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!